The holiday season is over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t look forward to the next big day—Valentine’s Day! While grown ups don’t get to have candy-packed parties, if your kids go to school, they do. Try some of these DIY Valentine’s Day cards to show off your crafty side.
- Candy necklaces. Create your own candy necklaces using licorice strings and gummy rings. Print out cards and tie the necklaces to the cards. Finally, put everything inside a plastic bag to keep it fresh.
- Turtles. These cute turtle-shaped cards will make everyone smile. Add some glitter to its feet and put a special message under its shell.
- Heart fan. To make these cards you will need four paper hearts, a gold brad, some twine, and anything else you want to add some bling.
- Play dough hearts. These are perfect for younger kids. Make some pink-colored homemade play dough and cut out heart shapes using a cookie cutter. Place each heart in a plastic bag to keep it fresh.
Which of these DIY Valentine’s Day cards would your kids love to make for their friends? We want to share some love with you, too. Stop by Midland Buick GMC Cadillac to score a great deal on a new car.
Each January, many of us set resolutions that we want to accomplish by the end of the year. However, even after just a few months, more than half of us have already given up. If you really want to succeed, here are a few tips on how to keep a New Year’s resolution.
- Set SMART goals. Make your resolution Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound. This means, don’t set vague goals like, “I want to save money.” Instead, try something like, “I will save $100 each month.”
- Make a plan. Figure out how you are going to save that money, or lose that weight, by laying out a plan and timeline. For example, you will take $50 from each paycheck and put it into a savings account.
- Don’t give up. If you find you are missing your goals, don’t give up. Reevaluate your plan and make any needed adjustments. Aim for smaller, more manageable goals. Try saving $20 per paycheck instead of $50, for instance.
- Get support. Talk to family and friends to see what their goals are. Find ways to encourage and support each other, especially if you have similar goals.
Here at Midland Buick GMC Cadillac, we hope everyone has a fantastic 2018 and if you are looking for a new car this year, please come visit us.
Now that summer is here, there will be plenty of things to do all season long. If you are looking for some fun July events in Midland to add to your calendar, check out this list.
The 69th Season of Summer Mummers. Catch this hilarious show that takes you back to the summer of ’69 as performed by the Midland Community Theatre. The show runs all summer long, every weekend.
Pops in the Park. Celebrate Independence Day with a great live concert at Comanche Trail Park on July 3rd in nearby Big Spring. You can start heading to the park at 5pm to take your pick from a variety of food vendors. Then, there is a pre-show at 6pm and the symphony and fireworks will start at 8:30pm.
Movies in the Park. Throughout the summer, there will be a free movie series hosted by the Odessa Parks Foundation. On July 8th, catch the Jungle Book at Lawndale Park. Then, head to UTPB Park on July 22nd for an outdoor showing of Jurassic Park.
Midland Downtown Farmers Market. Every Saturday from 8:30am through 12:30pm, head out to the Farmers Market to pick up some delicious locally-grown and prepared food. Find everything from carrots, to bread, to jams, and more.
Here at Midland Buick GMC Cadillac, we hope to see you and your family at some of these fun events.
Looking for something different to do this month? From sports to theater, there are plenty of events in Midland that are sure to keep you occupied.
Midland RockHounds vs Tulsa Drillers, San Antonio
Nothing says springtime like a little minor league baseball. Head to Security Bank Ballpark on the first and second weekends in April to see your local team play the Tulsa Drillers and the San Antonio Missions. Tickets are $9-$16.
“Come hear the music play” at the Sul Ross Theatre Program’s production of Cabaret April 7-9, 2017. This award winning musical is sure to have you laughing, singing, and dancing in your seat. Tickets are $12.
Midland Downtown Farmers Market
There’s nothing quite like spending a morning picking out fresh produce for a delicious lunch later that day. The Midland Downtown Farmers Market opens this month and offers everything from locally grown fruits and veggies to homemade breads and jams.
Church Under the Bridge 3rd Annual Golf Tournament
Enjoy the weather and practice your swing all while supporting the Church Under the Bridge. This annual tournament is held at the Hogan Park Golf Course, just minutes away from Midland Buick GMC Cadillac. Registration is $400 per team with various sponsorship levels. Don’t miss out on your chance at a $25,000 hole in one!
These are just a few our favorite April events here at Midland Buick GMC Cadillac!